CREATE AMidST THE BEAUTY OF ORVIETO
Join Chris Karpiak in using all of your senses as inspiration to create your own experiential art journal. You’ll be encouraged to use details, observations, and delights from the beauty all around you to make a beautiful treasure you can enjoy for years to come.
DATES: September 22-28, 2024
PRICE: $3495 USD
THEME: Create an art journal from scratch filled with memories of your time in Orvieto.
Chris is a dynamic mixed media artist and teacher who believes in fostering an authentic spirit of inquiry and exploration to develop rich creative experiences. She paints, photographs, assembles, stitches and dyes her way through explorative processes that weave their stories into her life’s journey; art and life work co-constructively to guide and ground her path. It is Chris’ soul’s purpose to help light you from within in finding your own woven path of Life through Art.
Chris is a mixed media teacher both on-line and live in her studio in Edmonton, Canada. Chris has been a teacher of art for many years, connecting with thousands of students world wide. Chris has been published multiple times in the world’s best mixed media magazine, “Somerset Studio” and she owns a masters degree in Educational Practice with a minor in Art.
Chris believes connection is key when creating. Connection to each other, to our surroundings and to our creative process is what seems to be the most important take away.
Chris warmly and enthusiastically welcomes you to this creative trip that will leave you feeling joyfully fulfilled and expanded for years to come!
You can find Chris (Christine) Karpiak at: https://www.chriskarpiak.com/ https://www.instagram.com/christinekarpiak/ https://www.youtube.com/@chriskarpiak/videos
Your time with CHRIS includes:
Paint and sketch using a variety of materials. Create texture and layers with interest through collage. Design and use your own prints and stencils. Photograph, imagine and learn new techniques.
You will also:
• create your own unique art journal from scratch
• add techniques and elements that are experienced, learned and collected
from your beautiful surroundings each day
• try new things with freedom and ease
• be absorbed and inspired by your new found experiences.
• use nature to create art
• get messy. (Bring an apron!)
• write daily
• meditate together daily
• look at things through beginner’s eyes
• open new doors to your creativity.
• connect with others through a shared experience
• create a special bond between you, your creativity, and perhaps even new
This course is for all levels of artist. Sessions are open-ended and experiential, allowing you to work in your own style and at your own skill level. You will be guided and encouraged throughout. Remember, you will be there with a group of like minded people who can be a wonderful inspiration and resource for you no matter where you are in your art practice.
Mornings will be spent in creative exploration, either in the studio or out around Orvieto. In the afternoon you will experience the culture of Italy. It might be a tour into the Etruscan caves, a cooking class, or a vineyard visit. There will also be plenty of free time to explore Orvieto on your own. You will receive a more detailed itinerary for the week in your final information packet sent before you travel.
A traditional continental breakfast is served each morning in the B&B. Because Italian cuisine is such fun, some meals are not prearranged allowing you the freedom to choose where and what to eat. Recommendations are offered and no one eats alone!
WITH EACH ARTISTIC ENRICHMENT TRIP, YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Workshop instruction
- Pre-trip notes and guidelines
- Six nights double occupancy lodging – Sunday to Saturday
- Six Continental breakfasts
- Cooking class including lunch or dinner
- Vineyard tour and wine tasting
- Wine and olive oil tasting including dinner
- Two additional dinners
- Two additional lunches
- Cathedral tour and visit to San Brizio chapel
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Travel costs
- Passport fees, photos and processing where applicable
- Transfers to and from the airports
- Meals, except where indicated in itinerary
- Personal items such as individual journaling and art supplies, wines, liquors, valet/laundry charges, and other items not specifically mentioned as included
- Optional activities, if any
- Supplement for single room
- Additional nights lodging
Single occupancy available for an additional cost. Travel costs are not included.
The balance including single room supplement of $150 USD and optional activities, if any, is due as indicated on the registration form, which is approximately 90 days prior to trip commencement. Payment installments can be arranged directly with Adventures in Italy Inc. Methods of payment accepted are check, Visa and Mastercard.
* HOLD MY SPOT: A $500 USD deposit secures your spot today! You will be contacted by Adventures in Italy to arrange your additional payment schedule.