TRAVEL ART JOURNALS IN ORVIETO
CREATE AN ART JOURNAL OF YOUR TIME IN ORVIETO
The class is for beginners and seasoned artists. Instruction will be given each morning: collage, drawing nature outdoors, around the monastery. Toward the end of the week you will have the opportunity to add watercolor to your drawings for another layer of creativity. Other than bringing the journal to house all of your work, required art supplies are minimal.
DATES: May 5-11, 2024
PRICE: $3495 USD
THEME: Create an art journal full of collage, drawing and paint from your time in Orvieto
Nancy Wilkinson teaches art at Canyon Ranch and in her studio. She has a Masters degree in Arts Education from Seattle Pacific University. For many years, she taught art, theatre and yoga in Washington State and in Arizona. Besides enjoying the beauty of Arizona, she loves to travel. She studied in India and South Africa on Fulbright scholarships, and has traveled to China on a travel grant. Nancy has also taught art journaling in New Zealand and at a yoga retreat in Costa Rica.
Nancy has illustrated two books, Tucson Charlie Lost in the Desert and Tucson Charlie Lost in the Zoo. Both can be found on Amazon. Besides teaching and creating art, Nancy loves to share her puppet stories in schools, churches and at the Visitor’s Center at Sabino Canyon.
Nancy hopes people will enjoy her books and puppet plays, but most of all, she encourages people to write their own journals and stories. Her motto: Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
Your time with Nancy includes:
Learn the art of creating a travel journal: a visual journal where you record your travel experiences through words, collage, drawing and painting. Each morning you will spend time reflecting on your trip and collecting items to collage and to create art. By the end of the week, you will have a full journal that shows in your creativity and time in Italy.
Mornings will be spent in creative exploration, either in the studio or out around Orvieto. In the afternoon you will experience the culture of Italy. It might be a tour into the Etruscan caves, a cooking class, or a vineyard visit. There will also be plenty of free time to explore Orvieto on your own. You will receive a more detailed itinerary for the week in your final information packet sent before you travel.
A traditional continental breakfast is served each morning in the B&B. Because Italian cuisine is such fun, some meals are not prearranged allowing you the freedom to choose where and what to eat. Recommendations are offered and no one eats alone!
WITH EACH ARTISTIC ENRICHMENT TRIP, YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Workshop instruction
- Pre-trip notes and guidelines
- Six nights double occupancy lodging – Sunday to Saturday
- Six Continental breakfasts
- Cooking class including dinner
- Vineyard tour and wine tasting
- Wine and olive oil tasting including dinner
- Two additional dinners
- Three additional lunches
- Cathedral tour and visit to San Brizio chapel
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Travel costs
- Passport fees, photos and processing where applicable
- Transfers to and from the airports
- Meals, except where indicated in itinerary
- Personal items such as individual journaling and art supplies, wines, liquors, valet/laundry charges, and other items not specifically mentioned as included
- Optional activities, if any
- Supplement for single room
- Additional nights lodging
Single occupancy available for an additional cost. Travel costs are not included.
The balance including single room supplement of $150 USD and optional activities, if any, is due as indicated on the registration form, which is approximately 90 days prior to trip commencement. Payment installments can be arranged directly with Adventures in Italy Inc. Methods of payment accepted are check, Visa and Mastercard.
* HOLD MY SPOT: A $500 USD deposit secures your spot today! You will be contacted by Adventures in Italy to arrange your additional payment schedule.