MIXED MEDIA COLLAGE LANDSCAPES
CREATE A MIXED MEDIA LANDSCAPE COLLAGE
Let Cathy Bluteau help you unleash your creativity through a harmonious blend of composition, color, mixed media and collage technniques. Learn the art of arranging various elements to create visually appealing works of art. Discover how to balance shape, space, and texture to convey your vision.
DATES: September 15-21, 2024
PRICE: $3495 USD
THEME: Create a unique mixed media collage inspired by Orvieto
Cathy is an artist, who only late in life realized it was okay to call herself an artist! She lives and work in Montreal, Canada – a city of 4 seasons from below freezing in winter to long summer days.
Her formal education is in commerce and her art education is 100% self taught and inspired by two very creative parents. Cathy is a mother, a professional, a decorator, creator and artist when not working in the tech industry full time.
Cathy has worked in most mediums and tends to be known for her colorful and whimsical style. She moves from one obsession to another including watercolor, collage, mixed media, journaling and book binding. She is inspired by simple things in her surroundings as well as by other artists.
Cathy’s work has been published both online and in paper publications since 2018 in such wonderful magazines as Cloth Paper Scissors and most of the Somerset Publications including Art Journaling, Somerset Home, Somerset Life, and Somerset Studio.
Your time with CATHY includes:
Explore the possibilities of collage incorporated with mixed media techniques. Collage doesn’t need to be limited to just paper media. Let Cathy help you embrace the freedom of mixing different mediums such as paper, paint, fabric, tapes and found objects. Play with how these elements can seamlessly merge to create stunning and unique artwork.
This workshop is for all levels – beginners welcome! Even experts will be able to find new ideas in the techniques demonstrated.
Mornings will be spent in creative exploration, either in the studio or out around Orvieto. In the afternoon you will experience the culture of Italy. It might be a tour into the Etruscan caves, a cooking class, or a vineyard visit. There will also be plenty of free time to explore Orvieto on your own. You will receive a more detailed itinerary for the week in your final information packet sent before you travel.
A traditional continental breakfast is served each morning in the B&B. Because Italian cuisine is such fun, some meals are not prearranged allowing you the freedom to choose where and what to eat. Recommendations are offered and no one eats alone!
WITH EACH ARTISTIC ENRICHMENT TRIP, YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Workshop instruction
- Pre-trip notes and guidelines
- Six nights double occupancy lodging – Sunday to Saturday
- Six Continental breakfasts
- Cooking class including lunch or dinner
- Vineyard tour and wine tasting
- Wine and olive oil tasting including dinner
- Two additional dinners
- Two additional lunches
- Cathedral tour and visit to San Brizio chapel
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Travel costs
- Passport fees, photos and processing where applicable
- Transfers to and from the airports
- Meals, except where indicated in itinerary
- Personal items such as individual journaling and art supplies, wines, liquors, valet/laundry charges, and other items not specifically mentioned as included
- Optional activities, if any
- Supplement for single room
- Additional nights lodging
Single occupancy available for an additional cost. Travel costs are not included.
The balance including single room supplement of $150 USD and optional activities, if any, is due as indicated on the registration form, which is approximately 90 days prior to trip commencement. Payment installments can be arranged directly with Adventures in Italy Inc. Methods of payment accepted are check, Visa and Mastercard.
* HOLD MY SPOT: A $500 USD deposit secures your spot today! You will be contacted by Adventures in Italy to arrange your additional payment schedule.